Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jet Lagged and Dehydrated

I think I have only slept 2 hours since leaving Bangkok. My body never recovers well from the jet lag coming back over the Pacific Ocean. The dry cough was driving me nuts the entire flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco (maybe I have SARS). Due to the 5 hour lay over, I scheduled a quickie (lunch that is) in San Francisco with my friend Jennifer who works close to the airport. I always have some kind of truely American meal as soon as I return overseas. Jennifer didn't dissapoint me. I had a great $12 cheeseburger with fries and a coke. Again, it is strange being back in a place where people speak English with an American accent. As I said before, I met very few Americans during my travels which is nice. I'm sure it will take a couple days to be back to normal. Jaime did a great job taking care of the house so that is one less thing to worry about.



On my flight from SF to Dallas, I met a girl who travelled in South America during the same time Jane and I did. It turns out that she is best friends with a couple American girls I met in BA six months ago. Crazy isn't it? Sometimes the world is small.

No comments: