Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Life Aquatic With Sam Wu

The last two days have been spent in the open water to complete my SCUBA diving certification. The weather turned a bit nasty the last two days, but it should clear this evening. The weather didn't play that much of a factor in the water since the visibility was still good and I was able to see some incredible sea life. I suppose it takes time to gain the experience to spot things. The dive master was able to point out some animals which I couldn't have picked out myself such as the scorpion fish. Others on the dive were able to see leopard sharks, ghost pipe fish, and other more rare creatures. It was very Jacques Cousteauesque.

I'll likely continue to dive next week to solidify my skill and technique.
Now all I need is a red beanie and a speedo.

Due to the large number of Europeans here in Phuket, I have a myriad of euro restaurants to choose from. My stomach still seems to not take Thai food well after the bus ride, so I opted for some western style food this time. Wouldn't you know it! There is a Swiss Roesti house just 100 meters from my guest house! I ordered the Karon Roesti which is like the Zurich style with veal medallions and Asian mushroom cream sauce. It is sitting a lot better with me than the Thai food. I have also added some probiotics as well as an additional countermeasure for any bugs I may have picked up.

No comments: