Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's a Friggin' Blizzard!

It started dumping today. It totally nuked the entire resort. Only ~25% of the resort was open due to high winds and driving snow.

At one point in the morning, our snowboard instructor had us huddled behind one of the lift stations telling us what to work on for our next run. I was the first to lead the group out from behind the building. I made about 30 feet from the building, then a 60+ mph gust blinded me. I looked back for a moment to see everyone else still hunkered down behind the lift station. Then the wind gust increased and I couldn't see 3 feet in front of me. I assumed the down dog position for about 5 minutes until the wind died ( I was totally exposed). When it cleared for a moment, the group went down to the restaraunt for coffee. We stayed in the restaraunt for about 3 hours until the wind died down a little.

Our afternoon session took us into the woods where we built a couple kickers. Our session was basically hitting the jumps all afternoon. Overall a relaxing day. We will have some sick powder runs tomorrow fo sho.

No comments: