Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another dead guy

They found another dead guy who fell into a crevase last night. Apparently he had been missing for a couple days. What I don't understand is where his friends were? You just don't go out of bounds by yourself (on a glacier no less) unless you are stupid. This is the biggest difference between US and European slopes. The US resorts tend to have their boundaries and hazzards well marked while the Euro resorts are just wide open. Again, no worries. Our training has been very intense, but on the piste. I'm not going anywhere unsafe at this point.

Tomorrow is our last day of the BASI level 1 exam. I still need to work on a few technical points to my basic riding, but I should pass. I have also decided to start a Pablo watch since he has some sort of issue every day.

Pablo watch 1/31. After a 5 minute lesson on doing a toe side falling leaf drill, he proceeded to perform the drill on his heel side. Additional issues today include being late to the lift in the morning (not unusual) and forgetting his lecture materials back at the flat. This may not seem funny to you, but trust me, IT IS!

No comments: