Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ice Hotel.....Yes it does exist!











For our second day off, Kaspar organized a sledding trip followed by fondue. The sleds were planks of wood on plastic runners. However, he neglected to tell us how to steer the darn things until the third run. By then, I already rode the sled off course into the powder. The course was a well groomed cat track with plenty of vertical and huge arcing turns. When it was all over, I think I had thrown out my hip in a seven sled pile up. Neal didn't make the final turn and crashed into the safety nets. Funniest thing I've seen so far.


Fondue at the ice hotel was awesome. Although it was the second time I have cheese fondue in three days, the atmosphere was great. I was in a cheese coma afterwards. There are about 10 rooms in the hotel. Each room was carved by a different artist. The staff were nice enough to show us some of the rooms as well as the kitchen. The place also has a separate hot tub. Outside of the hotel is a large seating area in the middle of the slopes. It is a great place to grab a drink and lounge in the sun.
Although we were supposed to rest today, many felt wiped out from today's activities. Week 2 training starts at 9 AM tomorrow!

No comments: