Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day of Rest














Maesi came to Zermatt to visit Jane this weekend. We spent our day off skiing some on the Italy side (which was crap due to the high winds). Maesi used to be a ski instructor in Zermatt. This dude is fast. At one point we bombed a run and I had my board straightlined down the mountian. He pulled away from me like I was tied to a tree. After about 20 seconds he was just an unrecognizable dot on the horizon. He is packing a few more kilos, but dang!
This was the best day so far. I felt great. the conditions were good.
On a side note. I cracked my helmet on the first day of riding. I bought a Giro Fuse helmet at the local shop. The helmet cost $272. Jane said she paid about the same for her helmet (same kind) in Zurich. I just looked at the price for the same helmet on Backcountry.com which was $160. Thank you very much US dollar! Unfortunately I needed the helmet immediately.
Pictures are of Maesi on the lift in the morning, Maesi and Jane, Lunch at Blauherd, and a few of the kids in the course.

No comments: