Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm in Hong Kong sucka


I have been keeping a written journal since I have not been able to access the internet as frequently as I want. I found that I was literally writing an entire book on paper, but then thought to myself no one really wants to read all this crap! So I'll try to keep the descriptions and sappy sentimental stuff to a minimum on the blog.

Hong Kong is such a unique city compared to every place else I've been. It is such a strange mix of international people, money, culture, etc. It is a great place to visit, but you couldn't pay me enough to live here.

It was good to see Greg again and to meet his fiance. Greg and Jeanette had some issues with their last apartment, so they are currently staying at the JW Marriot until their new place is ready. By some miraculous show of negotiation skills, Greg was able to reserve four nights for me in the JW Marriot on Tyco Electronics bill! Not only that, but I have access to the executive lounge (free food and drinks)! The JW is soooo nice (for well over $350 a night, it should be). I'll have four nights of pure luxury bliss by backpackers standards. Unfortunately, I was told I couldn't use the mini bar or order any adult movies. Those corporate types are such party poopers!

I'm using this week to charge up and get everything set for Thailand. The weather is going to be wet for most of the week, so I'm not quite sure how much sight seeing I'll do.

No comments: