Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mission Accomplished





I wish there was more time to spend on this leg of the journey. We did visit the main attractions around Lunag Prabang including the Pak Ou caves and Kwansi Waterfall. We even climbed to the top of Phu Si to see the sunset (reminds me of watching the sunset at Lake Titicaca). Overall it was a good visit and we need to move on if we are going to make it to Vientiane by Saturday.

Some lessons learned when travelling in Laos:
20K kip entrance fee everywhere.
They don't tell you that you need a flash light (by the way, the guy at the door rents them for 5000 kip).
Sloooooooow service.
They love the TV series Friends!

I have made a few plane ticket reservations to get my butt down to Phuket from Seam Reap, but I'm missing the Bangkok to Phuket leg. It is high season and many flights are already booked. I'm a bit nervous about finding cheap accommodations in Phuket, but I'm sure it will all work out. Taking the bus to Vang Vieng tomorrow.

No comments: