Thursday, March 6, 2008

Last week before exams







I can't believe that we are in the middle of the seventh week of the program. The days have gone by so fast. This is our last week with our red ski school instructor Patrick. As I said before, I have learned so much from Patrick. I'm really going to miss the days we all ride together and try new slope tricks. This week we are taking it easy since we'll have two weeks of exams coming up on Monday. We are working on technique during the morning and having some fun in the park in the afternoon. My kicker riding is really good now and I'm starting to throw in a few different grabs. My halfpipe riding still needs some work, but I'm starting to get some nice air on a few turns.



The nickname Blue Rocket has stuck. However, it sometimes changes to red rocket depending on the jacket I'm wearing. I have told the guys that red rocket is another name for dog penis and they seem to get a big kick out of it. Since the temperature has drop considerably over the last two days (down to -18 deg C and much colder with the wind chill), I've been wearing the red jacket.


Here are a few pics and movies from the last few days. Patrick had a nice face plant after gapping the rail. Hamish is working on his nose grab. There are pictures of the crap weather we had on Wednesday when it was freezing and the wind was just whipping.

The weather had changed a bit, so it has been cold. No new snow to talk about, but maybe we'll get a nice dump next week.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dog Penis. Is that your Indian name?