Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little taste of home

Patrick took us up to Stockhorn today. That area was closed until the beginning of February. Stockhorn is known to be the steep bumped out off piste area of Zermatt. It has excellent powder when it snows, but since we haven't had snow for three weeks, it is definitely the place to practice your off piste skills.

For those of you who don't know. I LOVE CHARGING STEEPS!!!!!
I learned nearly all of my off piste skills from my mates Alex, Susie, Shane, Ken Marr, and Dave. All together, we have made plenty of turns in Lake Tahoe charging runs off Scotts chair at Alpine Meadows along with KT22 and Granite Chief at Squaw Valley. And let's not forget Red Mountain in BC. The most gnarliest mountain top to bottom which rivals Jackson Hole.
Zermatt is not known for difficult slopes so this afternoon was refreshing.

I'm now seriously considering coming back for a full season next year provided that I can get cheap accomodations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get off the board and ski the steeps!