Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring is here

We have been getting spring conditions on the mountain for the past two weeks. The things which are saving the runs down to the village are the altitude and glacier. I have not seen a cloud in the sky for the past few weeks as well. Each week, the forecast predicts snow, but it keeps getting pushed to the next day and so on. We did have clouds today, so we'll see if snow does come on Friday as predicted.



There was another fatality on the slopes this week. A woman fell into a crevase while skiing off piste on the glacier. The report says that she fell 150 meters. I'm so glad that we spent the two days with the mountain guides. I'm a lot smater now regarding the dangers of skiing on glaciers.



I just changed my ticket to stay for another two weeks. I plan on spending a lot of time in the park working on the halfpipe and kickers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can you get a picture of these cravases?