Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back on Skis




The training classes were combined today. The skiers and snowboarders swapped gear and we each paired up to give each other a lesson. It was my first time on skis in about 15 years. Although Emma (my instructor partner) didn't give me too much instruction, I was still able to make turns and get onto the piste. Learning to snowboard is much harder than skiing. It is rare to let a total beginner on the piste after a half day lesson. Emma had a concussion from a crash earlier this week so I kept her on the nusery slope the entire time. The thing about Emma is that she bombs every run no matter how difficult. It is great if you are the teacher because she tries really hard to do what you tell her. However, she lacks control which is dangerous (and why she had a concussion earlier this week). At the end of the day, everyone had a good time and we all had a chance to experience a different activity.

Ollie and Niall rented mini-skis. These are part Rossignol's mini line of skis and boards. Rossignol makes a 121 and 123 cm snowboard. They are the most bizzare things you have ever seen. Ollie has ordered one and should get it in time for the BASI 2 exams.

Finally, I saw the best retro Swiss sweater in the shop today. I'm going to buy it this weekend. It's awesome!


Pictures are of me on skis and Lorna taking a snowboard lesson from Ollie

No comments: