Friday, July 3, 2009

Zig Zagging

Man! we are really flying through Italy. The last two stops in our journey have been the best so far. We arrived in Lake Como a few days ago and was able to spen some time away from the crowds of Florence and Venice. I dragged June up a hike with a 759 m ascent. The broken toe slowed me down, so it helped keep me in check. The views from the top of the hike were just as pretty as those from my previous hikes in Patagonia and New Zealand. The hostel in Menagio was a great place to meet fellow travellers. I met a couple folk from Chicago, one of whom teaches school across from my old house in Willmette. Crazy!

Yesterday we zipped down to Cinque Terre for a day of sun and surf. It was June's first dip in the Med since her arrival. The beaches are all pebbles and somewhat tough on our office cured feet. However, the water was a blue as it could be and refreshing. I will definitely return since I feel that our time there was cut short. Overall, we havce seen a ton of Italy during this trip. Spain should be a bit slower and more relaxed. I'm looking forward to some good tapas and wines next week.

No comments: