Saturday, October 11, 2008

Starbucks muffin and finding good food stalls














Of all the things to give me stomach problems, the Starbucks blueberry muffin did it. I guess I've been eating so much Chinese food that my body is now rejecting proper western style eats. I have developed a system for finding the best food stalls in the night markets. There are a number of different types of food in the night markets. You sometimes have your pick from three or so stalls selling the same thing. The key is to find the stall with the longest line or the most people hovering around it. The locals love to eat and know which vendors are the best. Just follow the crowd and you can't go wrong.


I'm learning that drinking coffee and writing Chinese characters doesn't mix. The caffeine makes my long strokes a bit jittery. I'm still trying to squeeze in study time with sight seeing time. The cousins took me out to the coast this weekend. October 10th is the Taiwan birthday so school was cancelled and I got the chance to play around. After hiking around the four animal range east of Taipei, we took off to Yeliou Geopark. This place had many weird rock formations created from years of surf and wind erosion. There were tons of people out this weekend. I logged a bunch of miles checking out the National Palace Museum, Shilin night market (that place was crazy!), and actually went to the top of Taipei 101 this time. The last event on Sunday was seeing the Taiwan philharmonic youth symphony at the national theater hall. I busted my cousin stealing flowers from the place.

No comments: