Monday, June 9, 2008

Draw backs from too much asado

One thing I have learned from this trip so far is that you must add fiber to you diet when eating so much meat. I´ve been complaining to Jane that I have been stopped up since the horse back riding and yesterday it finally caught up to me. We left Salta for Chile at 7:00 AM. The drive to San Pedro de Atacama was awesome! I decided to use the restroom at the Argentina passport control which is at 4200 meters. The air is pretty thin up there and being stopped up didn´t help. I nearly passed out squeezing out a terd due to the lack of oxygen. Jane bought me a bag of dried fruit which thankfully were not confiscated by Chile customs. I´m back to my normal self ready to take on the desert. It is extremely dry in San Pedro and the temps can fluctuate wildly from day to night. It will be good preparation for our journey to Bolivia. The scenery is going to be spectacular, so I´ll be taking a ton of pictures in the next few weeks. Internet access is kind of hit or miss so I may not be able to post pics whenever I want.

I´ll post pics later since the connection here is REAL slow.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Wow. Thanks for the duukie story. I would really have been fine with eat fiber when eating so much meat.