Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ready to move on

After a week and a half, I can truely say that I´m ready to move on. The Spanish class has been great and I reccommend it for those travelling to South America for an extended amount of time. Jane and I are currently staying in the middle of the city and we are starting to get tires of the noise and smog. Some barrios of Buenos Aires are better than others, but the city centro is dirty. We met up with one of Jane´s Swiss connections here and saw a Tango show. All together, we have seen some really interesting shows (Tango, drums, Cuban Salsa). Rolli (the Swiss guy) mentioned that he was getting tired of the city as well. One thing I noticed is that people here do not pick up after their dog. I swear there is dog crap all over the streets all the time. It doesn´t matter which neighborhood you are in. We have met some really nice people travelling through. I just met a gal from Austin who is here for the summer (after graduation from UT). I´m looking forward to leaving and getting some fresh air. I´ll definitely come back in August.

One last thing. Jane is an ice cream addict. We have had ice cream every day since we´ve been here.

No comments: