Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Private Lesson

Wow! I accidentally had my first private lesson this afternoon. I was snowboarding with Jane and another friend this morning. On one run I was passing the beginner slope and Boris waved me down. Apparently, their group had one beginner and couldn't keep up with the rest of the people on the slopes. So I had the opportunity to give a Romanian girl a three hour lesson. We didn't get very far since the magic carpet was broken which made her exhausted. However, we did cover some of the basics. It was the easiest 200 CHFs I've made in a long time. There were some sketchy moments when I had to get her down to the restaurant at Findln. There was no gondola or lift down, so we had to use our snowboards as sleds. I don't reccommend doing this at all since you have very little control when using the snowboard as a sled. Anyway, it was a great experience.

No comments: