Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Bubble

Jane returned from Zurich on Monday just in time to see Niall and Dudley off. We didn't have a crazy night of partying, just a nice dinner at The Pipe and a few drinks at the Schnee. Jane mentioned how different it felt coming back to the city after spending so much time in Zermatt. In some ways, Zermatt is like a bubble where you are void of all of the stress from the outside world. Although I do have an internet connection and access to CNN or CNBC Europe, I do feel disconnected from the real world.I realized that I haven't driven a car in three months and am wondering if I'll be driving 30 mph on the highway. At this point I'm not really sure how I feel about leaving. Part of me wants to stay, but at the same time I'm anxious to get back home. The peak of the season is over now and you can feel the change in the atmosphere. The resort was virtually empty after 2 PM today. Hamish is teaching the snowlis all week, so it looks like I'm on my own unless Emma is free. I'm updating my resume and gving it to all of the schools this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's an update. The Bears still suck!