Monday, April 7, 2008

Finally home







After what seemed to be an epic day, I finally made it back to Dallas. I was up with Bemsi until 3 AM, then caught the 5:39 AM train to Zurich. The flight was well long and it was the most daylight I have ever seen at one time. Peter picked me up and we arrived back at the house. I was really surprised to see the house transformed from bachelor pad to mod hipster family dwelling. It was a pleasant surprise though. Now I've unpacked and started to do a lot of house admin. The lawn needs to be mowed and I need to organize my annual income tax documentation. Many of the flowers I stole and replanted from various home demolitions have started to bloom already. It is really warm back in Texas (about 25 deg C). I already miss Zermatt and wish I was back with Jane and the kids snowboarding.

Pics are from my surprise party after I returned home. Also have a picture of the flowers which I stole from one the old homes in the neighborhood which was being demolished.

No comments: