Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is the last one...Really

I always get a little anxious when I'm about to embark on a new trip. Especially if I'm going to a new place where I haven't been before. There is a balance of cautious and carefree feelings which need to be managed when you arrive. Although, you don't want to be paranoid about pickpockets and thieves the entire time, you still shouldn't be totally careless with your belongings. I have been preaching all of these safety rules to my cousin June. She's probably sick of hearing, but I kind of feel like a protective older brother in this situation.

Before I leave, I must promise myself that this is THE last trip and I need to get serious about finding new employment. Since the travels have began, I've learned so many new things which I would consider life skills. The past few trips, although they had a purpose, are just "fun" excursions. I'm trying to get as much culture out of each country, but let's face it.... You are sailing in Italy.... How much culture are you going to get swimming in the Mediterranean and eating pizza? As some of my friends and family keep reminding me, there are some big questions which need to be addressed when all this is over. I believe I know the answers now, so let's see what happens.

No comments: