Thursday, January 29, 2009

Misc Charges

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I just can't believe that it took so long for my credit card company to finally deny a charge. In the past week, I have made purchases in three different countries. I bought the Navimag ticket in Chile, The ETA for Australia, and tried booking the huts for the Routeburn track in New Zealand. Why didn't they flag me when I was in SE Asia? I'm sure I used the credit card in three different countries (maybe not in one week though).

I might be a bit crazy scheduling the next three trips back to back. If I miss one flight back to the US, I'm screwed. There has been no time to reseach the Australia leg of my trip. Lucky for me that Stephanie (a gal I met in Thailand) is still travelling there. She has already given me a good suggestion for a two and a half week loop. I should be able to see a few highlights and gather ideas for the next time I go.

My heart is pounding in anticipation to get on the road as if I had a quadruple shot at Starbucks. The shuttle picks me up in three hours. I'm looking forward to the warm weather, seeing Heather in PN, and having a beer at Pudu Hostel in Bariloche. I just need to remind myself to be cool...Be cool Sam...Be cool....and work on your Spanish.

No comments: