Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Think I've Gone Mad

I'm seeing so many signs that the US economy is crumbling all around me. Nortel just announced it was filing for bankruptcy. Texas Instruments is rumored to have a giant lay off at the end of January. All of my friends, if not already affected, are on pins and needles. It all seems surreal in a way. With that being said, there is nothing really waiting for me in the United States to keep me here. This should buy me a few more months to travel.

So many things have been running through my mind this past week. This may have been spawned from seeing my new nephew in New York this weekend. I mentioned before that I feel like I have been held back a year in grade school. There have been so many changes since my travels began and the pause button has been pressed for me since the end of 2007. 2008 seemed so well planned with every step leading to a premeditated conclusion. 2009 is a different story. While last year started tranquil and smooth, this year is chaotic and full of anxiety. There is a scene in the Darjeeling Limited where Owen Wilson's character is talking to his brothers and asks them to YES to everything no matter if it scares them. Since this year began, I've indulged in every fleeting impulse which came to mind. So what is on the horizon you might ask? I'm going to meet an old friend to snowboard the Talons Challenge in Colorado next week. After that, I'm headed back to South America, New Zealand, France, then Switzerland. Yes! I've gone mad!

Crap! I've done it again. Put too much introspective personal crap in my blog ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry about it, nobody reads this blog anyway ;-)