Friday, September 5, 2008

Treading Water


I've pretty much taken care of all of the house admin tasks required since returning from South America. The house needed quite a bit of work since Jaime was moving in. I also had a will drawn up (kind of morbid) which was necessary after consolidating all my liquid assets. The list of things to do was much more than anticipated and derailed my plans to travel to the west coast. Too bad because I miss the mountains.

In any case, I now have my reservation set for my trip to Asia. I'll be in Dallas for another two and a half weeks before heading out. If I didn't have the house, insurance, and finances to deal with, I would have only stayed for two weeks. Being at home for so long and getting back into the old routine feels like I'm treading water figuring out where to swim to. I'm trying to keep the internal fire stoked for the next leg of my adventure.
There are a few good things I'm really happy to come back to.

1. Diverse cuisine. Man! I've missed good Chinese food. I've been to Chinatown every week for lunch.

2. http://www.kexp.org/playlist/playlist.asp Cheryls voice sounds like home.

3. Cubs baseball. They have the best record in the NL but will probablly choke at the end of the season.

4. Fishing. I finally was able to head out to the lakes the past couple weeks.

Many people have been helpful giving me tips for Thailand and the surrounding countries. There are a ton of books on my kitchen table I'll need to browse through this week. With most of the to do list crossed off now, it looks like I'll have some time to make a quick trip if I can find a cheap ticket somewhere.
The picture is me at lake Texoma on Laborday weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey there: long time no see. we should stop by while you're home to catch up a bit. maybe this weekend before Ike hits? any chance you'll be here during ski season this year? we'd love to carve some good turns with you on one of our trips. send us an email or call. take care, Peter (& Kathy)